- Join an organisation dedicated to improving the quality of life for youth living in remote communities
- Use your administrative and accounting skills to support the objectives of this important program
- Enjoy an attractive annual salary of $60,000, an additional 2 weeks leave (6 weeks in total) PLUS super and salary sacrificing options
About Warlpiri Youth Development Aboriginal Corporation (WYDAC)
Warlpiri Youth Development Aboriginal Corporation (WYDAC), was created by, and for, Warlpiri people. It provides a comprehensive range of programs that deliver diversion, development, treatment and leadership services throughout the Warlpiri region that are clearly designed to improve the safety and wellbeing of Warlpiri youth, their families and community, as well education, training and employment outcomes.
As an organisation that values the social, emotional, cultural and spiritual well-being of the community as much as the physical, WYDAC strives to support young Warlpiri people to achieve their full potential as human beings and to build strong futures for themselves, their families and their communities.
For more information about WYDAC, please click here.
About the Opportunity
Warlpiri Youth Development Aboriginal Corporation (WYDAC) is now seeking a full-time Administration Officer to join their team in Alice Springs.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this position will be responsible for:
- Managing the accounts payable function, including preparing invoices and voucher/POs for processing/payment, and performing data entry for accounting and financial processes, as well as assisting with payroll;
- Responding to email queries;
- Filling in for the Financial Manager when required;
- Maintaining office/stationary supplies, kitchen supplies, cleaning supplies and office equipment;
- Carrying out reception duties, including answering phones, taking and checking for messages, collecting and sorting mail, and welcoming and directing visitors;
- Filing, faxing, scanning and photocopying;
- Managing office cleaning; and
- Assisting with other administration and finance activities as required.
To view a full position description, please click here.
WYDAC is seeking candidates with proven administrative experience, including competency in the use of computer programs and comfortability in working with spreadsheets and databases. Strong organisational skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment will be crucial.
The successful candidate will be resourceful, able to work autonomously and make independent decisions, while also possessing strong communication and interpersonal skills. In addition, a focus on customer service and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team will set you up for success.
Qualifications in bookkeeping, accounting practices and/or business administration will be highly regarded.
Importantly, WYDAC is looking for someone with a demonstrated understanding of, and experience working with, cross-cultural persons and community development.
Please note: A current 'C' Class Open Driver’s License, Criminal History Check and Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card) are all required prior to commencement.
About the Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced administration professional to take on a varied position in which you will experience real job satisfaction every day.
For your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration (commensurate with experience) plus super and salary sacrificing to significantly increase your take home pay! You'll also enjoy excellent training and development opportunities.
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to utilise your administrative skills while contributing to positive and meaningful community pathways - Apply Now!