Human Resources & Quality Manager
- Pivotal operations & service delivery leadership opportunity!
- Join an organisation dedicated to improving the quality of life for youth living in the community!
- Enjoy an attractive base salary of $92,000 PLUS super and salary sacrificing options
About Warlpiri Youth Development Aboriginal Corporation (WYDAC)
Warlpiri Youth Development Aboriginal Corporation (WYDAC), was created by, and for, Warlpiri people. It provides a comprehensive range of programs that deliver diversion, development, treatment and leadership services throughout the Warlipiri region that are clearly designed to improve the safety and wellbeing of Warlpiri youth, their families and community, as well education, training and employment outcomes.
As an organisation that values the social, emotional, cultural and spiritual well-being of the community as much as the physical, WYDAC strives to support young Warlpiri people to achieve their full potential as human beings and to build strong futures for themselves, their families and their communities.
For more information about WYDAC, please click here.
About the Opportunity
Warlpiri Youth Development Aboriginal Corporation (WYDAC) now has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources & Quality Manager to join their team in Alice Springs, on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the General Manager - Corporate Services, this role will see you primarily responsible for two key functions:
1. Ensuring quality management systems are in place, risk frameworks are functioning effectively, and there is a continuous improvement cycle in the delivery of services to Warlpiri communities.
2. Ensuring WYDAC is able to attract, retain, develop and manage highly engaged and committed personnel.
More specifically, some of your key duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Developing, implementing and reviewing HR policies and procedures to promote best practice and ensure compliance with legislation;
- Providing advice on HR management activities, policies, practices, conditions of employment, entitlements and related issues to managers and staff;
- Maintaining and strengthening HR documentation, including letters of offer, contracts, induction briefs, policies and procedures, templates and organisation charts;
- Overseeing the development and implementation of change management initiatives;
- Managing the end-to-end recruitment and selection process, incorporating position descriptions, advertising, shortlisting, interviewing and induction;
- Leading, developing, implementing and maintaining WYDAC’s organisational-wide quality management system;
- Managing annual quality audits via the current quality management provider, and reviewing and maintaining audit tools;
- Managing and reviewing the organisation’s document control system, assuring compliance and that there is a QMS in place for the identification, storage, protection, retrieval, retention and disposition of these records; and
- Working with management to monitor and ensure preparation for accreditation to ISO 9001:2015.
To view a full position description, please click here.
In order to be successful, you must possess extensive knowledge of, and experience with, contemporary HR practices and strategies, including strategic workforce planning, performance management, employee relations, Equal Employment Opportunity, diversity and organisational change. The ability to lead the development of effective business systems and quality improvement processes is also essential.
Due to the nature of this role, it's imperative you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including stress management skills and the ability to deal with complex issues. You'll be well versed in the facilitation of operations, including liaison with funding bodies, and be experienced in providing advice on policy formulation, program management and program evaluation.
A capacity for resourcefulness and independent decision making will set you up for success, as will an analytical mindset and competency in the use of computer software and databases.
Importantly, WYDAC is looking for someone with a demonstrated understanding of, and experience working with, cross-cultural persons and community development.
Please note: A current 'C' Class Open Driver’s License, Criminal History Check and Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card) are all required prior to commencement.
About the Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for a HR professional to take on a new challenge while experiencing real job satisfaction every day.
You'll be joining a hard working and friendly team who are dedicated to improving the quality of life for youth living in remote communities.
For your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration of $92,000 plus super and salary sacrificing! WYDAC also maintains a focus on professional development for all employees.
Utilise your existing knowledge base and skill-set in this challenging and rewarding opportunity - Apply Now!